Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Marina Bike Ride

Last week the girls and I packed up the bikes and the stroller and went to the marina for a bike ride. When I suggested it to Alaina and Braelyn, they got so excited!

Alaina is on training wheels and Braelyn is on a tricycle.
The poor girl (Sue) would pump and pump her legs and her little knees would be going so fast....and she really wouldnt be going very quickly. I think it was a long 2 miles for her.


After we went up the first "hill" she said,
"Ouch Mom, my legs are falling asleep!"
Ah, her first burning legs moment.


Because of the aforementioned super peddling, Braelyn needed to stop every now and then to rest. She would make up excuses to rest, like....to watch a dog walk by or look at a bug or...study the geese.


They worked hard and did great.

Caylee worked hard too....somehow Im sure.

Pretty soon Braelyn told me she wanted to walk and push Caylee (I carried her bike). It worked out. She almost steered her sister into the water only a couple times. No biggie.

Then we played at the park for a little while.

Then got some cotton candy at the little snack stand they have there.
That was a big hit.


Dont let her fool you. Sure shes plenty cute, but she knows it.
Shes pointing to the cotton candy here.

This picture makes me laugh. I told Braelyn to "look up"...so she did.

Gosh I sure love the summer.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I miss the Marina! What fun times. :)

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

so much fun. Your girls get cuter every day.