Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Little TRT






I am sure that when everyone hears that I wrote this blog post, Google's servers will be overwhelmed and come to a crashing halt. Please show some restraint. Thank you.

Tio (Rand) and I went on a nice relaxing ride through the Sierra's last weekend. We started by Tahoe Meadows, and then took the Tahoe Rim Trail (mostly) over to Spooner and then the Kings Canyon Development road down in to Carson. The ride was about 35 miles total, and a lot of fun (mostly). The pictures don't really do the trip justice, but here they are anyway.





Jamie pointed out that we have a tradition of taking pictures of people standing on top of boulders. Glad I didn't break tradition. It is a nice boulder.

Shortly after the above picture, Tio started showing off his acrobatic skills and did this really impressive over the handle bar flip, land on the hands take several steps (are they still called steps if they are on hands?) and then rolled into a perfect meditation position next to a tree. Needless to say, I can't compete with that sort of performance. He did neglect, however, to see some unknown object in the dirt that gave him a slight finger injury.




About halfway between Tahoe Meadows and Spooner is this:


I just would like to say that the backpack looks lonely.



The above three pictures are coming down from a very long climb into Marlette Lake. This was probably the most beautiful part of the ride.


Spooner is alright as well.


This is a picture of Carson Valley from Kings Canyon Development road. Very cool, but kind of a "you had to be there" thing.

See how relaxed we look after it was all over. At least Cailes missed me.
Yes, I probably should have unrolled the pant leg before this. And yes that is blood on Tio's shorts.

Thank you and come again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that there are pictures of this! I'll have to show Rand ;)