On the third day of Career Week my true love gave to me....uh, I mean, a police officer came to talk to the kids. It was very convenient that the officer that came was named Officer Durio....and was Mrs. Durio's hubby :)
He gave the kids their own ID cards from the school, which was pretty fun.
Then he talked to them about safety and how to not talk to strangers and such.
He talked to them about traffic signs and signals....
then played a nice game of Red Light Green Light.
Which was hilarious
Then each kid got to go sit in the cruiser and play with the lights and sirens.
I hope this is the only time I will ever see my girls in a police car!
Career Week was a blast!
I didnt get any pictures of the firefighter day. It was neat though. The kids got to explore the firetruck and learn about all the things firefighters do. A firefighter dressed up in all her gear and put her mask on and everything. Then she crawled around and touched each kid so that they wont be afraid of firefighters if they ever need to be rescued. Good idea because she was kinda scary with the helmet on and the mask and the breathing and the weird voice....
Braelyn, Caylee and I didnt attend the musician day. Alaina said it was pretty neat. He played the guitar and sang some songs to them. Then they got to create their own instruments out of recycled things and play along with him.
This is one of the reasons I love Coral Academy.
I didnt get any pictures of the firefighter day. It was neat though. The kids got to explore the firetruck and learn about all the things firefighters do. A firefighter dressed up in all her gear and put her mask on and everything. Then she crawled around and touched each kid so that they wont be afraid of firefighters if they ever need to be rescued. Good idea because she was kinda scary with the helmet on and the mask and the breathing and the weird voice....
Braelyn, Caylee and I didnt attend the musician day. Alaina said it was pretty neat. He played the guitar and sang some songs to them. Then they got to create their own instruments out of recycled things and play along with him.
This is one of the reasons I love Coral Academy.










No comments:
Post a Comment