Yeah, so I thought I was having a baby on April 8th, sounded like a good day to me. Made a cute post out of it and everything. I went to the doctor today and he told me I am scheduled for a c-section on April 10th at 1:00. What? My whole pregnancy world was turned around in a sentence!!
So I was going to do a cute little April 10th post like I did with April 8th, but nothing great happened on April 10th. A lot of horrible things happened, lots of people died. The Titanic set sail that day....need I say more? But I did find some neat things. So here we go again:
1790: US Patent system established
1849: Safety pin patented in the United States
1858: The bell 'Big Ben' is cast; it now rings in London.
So I was going to do a cute little April 10th post like I did with April 8th, but nothing great happened on April 10th. A lot of horrible things happened, lots of people died. The Titanic set sail that day....need I say more? But I did find some neat things. So here we go again:
1790: US Patent system established
1849: Safety pin patented in the United States
1858: The bell 'Big Ben' is cast; it now rings in London.
1866: The ASPCA was chartered.1912: The liner 'Titanic' leaves Southampton on its first (and only) voyage
1925: F Scott Fitzgerald publishes the Great Gatsby1930: The first synthetic rubber was produced
1947: Jackie Robinson becomes the first black to play major league baseball as he takes the field for the Brooklyn Dodgers

1953: The House of Wax, the first 3-D movie is released
1960: Civil Rights Bill passed in the American Senate
1970: Paul McCartney formally announces that the Beatles have broken up.
1972: An agreement banning the use of biological weapons is signed by 46 countries
1989: Intel corp announces shipment of "fast" 80486 chip
2003- The US House passed the "Amber Alert" bill.
2009- The third baby girl Greenburg will be born.
So there's the news, April 10th it is.
1960: Civil Rights Bill passed in the American Senate
1970: Paul McCartney formally announces that the Beatles have broken up.
1972: An agreement banning the use of biological weapons is signed by 46 countries1989: Intel corp announces shipment of "fast" 80486 chip
2003- The US House passed the "Amber Alert" bill.
2009- The third baby girl Greenburg will be born.
So there's the news, April 10th it is.










5 comments:
It is so upsetting when you have your heart set on a date to get that baby out, to only have that date changed to a later date. It's heartbreaking, I've been there. But just think, that baby will come out NO later than the 10th. That's more than most pregnant women can hope for! =)
What's a couple days in the grand scheme of things?
Just kidding. I hated it when people said stuff like that to me.
I have to say, I love safety pins, 3-d is awesome, the whole Civil Rights thing was fairly important, the Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books, and there's not one person I can think of who does not benefit from synthetic rubber.
It's a much better day.
What a great day! My mom's birthday is the next day, and every once in awhile, I'll bet the newest little Greenburg will share her birthday with Easter - you can't beat that :) Elise and I look forward to seeing Alaina and Tio soon - we'll let you know how Michael's blessing went (really it's just an excuse to send pictures - he's just so cute to me). Anyway, we're checking out all of the new pictures of your cute kids right now :)
What a great day! My mom's birthday is the next day, and every once in awhile, I'll bet the newest little Greenburg will share her birthday with Easter - you can't beat that :) Elise and I look forward to seeing Alaina and Tio soon - we'll let you know how Michael's blessing went (really it's just an excuse to send pictures - he's just so cute to me). Anyway, we're checking out all of the new pictures of your cute kids right now :)
Why did it publish twice? - sorry...
Post a Comment