2012 is the year of piano.
I chose this goal for the year because of a few reasons.
1. As a stay at home mom I try to keep my mind active. I read books and play games that stimulate the mind. But despite these things, I was feeling dumb. I needed a challenge for my mind.
2. Ive always wanted to learn how to play the piano.
3. It just so happens my BFF is a piano teacher and offered to give me lessons. A nice opportunity for me to learn something new.
I started lessons in September when the new piano year started. Ive learned a few new songs, worked on scales and inversions (puke) and am slowly learning bass clef. Ive found so far the hardest part is reading and playing two different lines of music at the same time. Its also pretty hard to make my hands do different things at the same time. But I am learning. I played in the Christmas Recital as well, which was really difficult!
Im excited about this year's goal and look forward to the things I will learn.
I chose this goal for the year because of a few reasons.
1. As a stay at home mom I try to keep my mind active. I read books and play games that stimulate the mind. But despite these things, I was feeling dumb. I needed a challenge for my mind.
2. Ive always wanted to learn how to play the piano.
3. It just so happens my BFF is a piano teacher and offered to give me lessons. A nice opportunity for me to learn something new.
I started lessons in September when the new piano year started. Ive learned a few new songs, worked on scales and inversions (puke) and am slowly learning bass clef. Ive found so far the hardest part is reading and playing two different lines of music at the same time. Its also pretty hard to make my hands do different things at the same time. But I am learning. I played in the Christmas Recital as well, which was really difficult!
Im excited about this year's goal and look forward to the things I will learn.










No comments:
Post a Comment