Monday, July 26, 2010

Bret's Personal Statement for the Gradute Engineering Program

Personal Statement- Bret Greenburg
College of Engineering
Electrical Engineering Graduate Program

To Whom It Make Concern:
Good things about me:
Handsome hair (My five year old daughter added this one)
Intelligent
have a strong work ethic, know to work hard
determined when mind is set
dependable

I made the choice to be married and have a family while getting my undergrad, which though self inflicted, was a challenge and I rose to the challenge. If I can do this, I can get my masters as well. The most important thing in the world to me is my family and their happiness and well being.
I have great ideas for practical and useful inventions/ideas.
I want to get a graduate degree in engineering to learn more about my field and continue in my career in engineering. To be perfectly honest, I cant get a job in electrical engineering without this masters and possibly doctorate degree. I want to better myself and my family with this degree.
I am super sexy.
I built a wall.
I make really cute kids.
I have beautiful eyes.
My wife, shes amazing. She can do anything. Except decorate cakes.
I have a strong faith and know I can do whatever the Lord asks me.
If I feel the electrical engineering masters degree is the way to go, then I will do it whole heartedly and with courage.
Im cool like that.
Like I said, I can do anything, or was that my wife?
I cant do it unless you give me a chance, so give me a chance.
I have a job where I can study alot, thats a plus.
Why should you accept me, its the right to do.
I wont let you down.

No, Im not crazy.


Ps- My wife wrote this for me. Because like I said, she can do anything. Except decorate cakes and write personal statements.

3 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

Ha! That is funny :) I really enjoyed it!

Grandme said...

That's great, I think you ought to send that in!

B. Greenburg said...

My wife hacked my account. I didn't post this.