This week for FHE we made gingerbread houses. Bret and Alaina made thiers out of graham crackers. I actually made mine out of gingerbread...made the dough, rolled it, cut it, and baked it. I was so excited to start when I got my walls up (not so easy bytheway) and one of the walls fell off and shattered on the floor. I almost cried. So Bret took over the actual gingerbread house and I started a graham cracker one. Alaina also made a house, it turned out cute. It was a fun little activity. Braelyn's version you will see in the pictures.
My three walled house.

The tragedy.



This is what Braelyn did most of the time: Ate the crackers with icing, ignored her vacant plate and tried to tear Alaina's house down.

Alaina worked hard on hers.

So once I moved on to build my own house out of crackers, I had a cute little house going. Then the rood caved in!! I dont have much talent for gingerbread (or anykind) of houses.

Heres Bret's masterpeice of a real gingerbread house and also mine and Alaina's final products.

My three walled house.
The tragedy.
This is what Braelyn did most of the time: Ate the crackers with icing, ignored her vacant plate and tried to tear Alaina's house down.
Alaina worked hard on hers.
So once I moved on to build my own house out of crackers, I had a cute little house going. Then the rood caved in!! I dont have much talent for gingerbread (or anykind) of houses.
Heres Bret's masterpeice of a real gingerbread house and also mine and Alaina's final products.










3 comments:
Very nice! Sorry about your tragedies!
I seriously think that Braelyn got the disposition of a little boy. She sure is mishevious and into everything just like a little boy. She seems to get in as much trouble as one too. She reminds me a little of Blake, I'm so sorry for you!
That's what you get for going all Martha Stewart. Next year just go Sprenger style and eat all the decorations before you assemble the house. Saves a lot of time.
Post a Comment