Okay, so if you guys haven't heard, we bought a house. A MAJOR (I cant quite stress that enough) fixer-uper. We knew when we bought it that it would be. When I walked into it for the first time when it was finally ours (after waiting five months), I cried. I knew about the work, I didn't know about the filth...the nasty dirty filth. We had a lot of work to do. But after a talk with Bret and my BFF I felt better and motivated to do all that needed to be done. I was even kinda excited. So we all jumped in head first and have been working ever since.
Even though Im about to show you some of the work, I want everyone everywhere to know that we are not even close to being done with the living room. This is just what weve done so far. Im putting the floor in tomorrow, we are getting new base boards, window and door boards and a chair rail( I love molding!) and you know, furniture and pictures and stuff. This is just the basic stuff. But I thought Id share anyway because its already such a difference (and people are starting to bug me for pictures:)
Whew, alright, with that being said......here ya go.
Even though Im about to show you some of the work, I want everyone everywhere to know that we are not even close to being done with the living room. This is just what weve done so far. Im putting the floor in tomorrow, we are getting new base boards, window and door boards and a chair rail( I love molding!) and you know, furniture and pictures and stuff. This is just the basic stuff. But I thought Id share anyway because its already such a difference (and people are starting to bug me for pictures:)
Whew, alright, with that being said......here ya go.
Before:
Before:
After both panelings:
Stay tuned for much much much more.










11 comments:
You have been very busy! I like the paint job.
for me that fan makes the whole house-does it really only have two wings? spectacularly ugly (sure hope you guys don't love it!) but i love you new paing job0it is beautiful youre a girl after my own heart! good job you guys
actually, i love your paint job!
Looks great and 100% better!
Oh Joanna, We LOVE the fan. its totally my favorite part of the whole room. Wait, no, I dont live in the 70s. We hate it too and its going to a different room (or for sale on craigslist)
The paint looks good. Looking at this makes me so glad I didn't buy a fixer upper, not my thing.
WOW!! It looks really good!! I love fixing up our house too!! I really like the paint. I bet Bret had an awesome time ripping down the wall. If we had a wall to rip down PJ would be all over that.
Jamie! It's looking great! The good thing about a fixer upper is the crazy amount of satisfaction you guys will have when you're done.
I love th changes you have made, it already looks so much better!
That looks great! I love your color choices!
You go girl! Now I get why you told me you were sick of painting!
Post a Comment