We carved pumpkins last night in Carson. Alaina was so excited all day to do it. She wanted to take all the insides out of her pumpkin and did a good job. Then she played with the goo for like an hour. She said she wanted a happy face not a scary face on her pumpkin so we carved the run of the mill face for hers, which she loved. For mine and Bret's pumpkin we used a drill to cut his face, because it was like three inches thick!! It was impossible to cut through it nicely. They both turned out pretty cool. How often do you see a pumpkin with perfectly round eyes and nose?
The pictures are a little out of order but you'll get the general idea.
This pumpkin was ridiculously thick! It took a lot of muscle to cut the top.
Braelyn didn't do much, just sat around and tried to eat nasty raw pumpkin.
The woman folk doing all the work:)
Alaina's pumpkin.
Braelyn got interested after a while and wanted to scrap out the inside like she saw me doing. She ended up putting seeds and goo back inside, thank you so much Braelyn.
Alaina sure loved that goo!










5 comments:
So fun! We carved pumpkins last night too! Tracen wouldn't even touch the stuff. He is such a baby when it comes to getting dirty. He hates it! Funny! Looks like fun and I don't know if I told you congrats on the new baby yet! I hope you are feeling well
Cute pictures!! I can't believe how big your girls are getting!
Bret's pumpkin is so funny. I've never seen a pumpkin carved like that! Oh and I love you what women say post. I totally say all those things and mean it!
Okay, the proportionally round eyes crack me up. It is probably a dream come true for you!
love the costumes and the pumpkins.
Post a Comment